At Northeast Thermography Medical Imaging Center, we are proud to offer a full line of salivary hormone testing. Changes in hormones change our lives. The changes can make you gain weight, lose energy, decrease libido, increase health risks (including bone and heart). Something can be done to restore and rebalance healthy hormone. Botanicals and natural hormones are two favored approaches your healthcare professional may recommend.
Chronic inflammation can also disrupt hormone balance, which is why we recommend using a salivary hormone test to identify intolerance reactions to foods and herbs that you are using or will consider using.
Importance of Hormone Testing
Hormone imbalances have been linked to a broad spectrum of health conditions and clinical symptoms in both men and women. As science has shown, hormones decline as we age. Identifying and managing such changes is critical in the prevention of many chronic diseases. This makes hormone testing an essential element of every annual check up and disease prevention program.
Common Symptoms and Conditions Associated with hormone imbalance:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Depression and Irritability
- Low Sex Drive/Libido
- Weight Gain
Advantages of Salivary Hormone Testing:
- Less expensive then serum
- Easy sample collection, convenient
- Multiple collections- important for hormones with circadian or monthly rhythms
- More representative than serum of total bio-available steroid level hormones
- Detects unbound and free hormones
Our focused approach to hormones was derived from our prolific use of Medical Infrared Thermal Imaging also known as Thermography. Thermography is a 50+ year old technology that can not only detect early risks for breast cancer, but is also very accurate at detecting hormonal imbalances. As we conducted more and more screenings, we found increasing numbers of women with hormonal imbalances who would ask “what do I do?”
What You Should Know About Hormones
- Hormones have a profound effect on your everyday health and well-being.
- Although present in only tiny amounts, hormones act on every cell of your body.
- Hormones have individual effects, but also interact with each other to produce dramatic effects in the body; because of these interactions, they are able to trigger multiple body systems.
- When any of the hormones are imbalanced, symptoms may occur. Imbalances are most common in puberty and menopause, but imbalances can happen at any age.
- Several conditions are well known to be associated with hormonal imbalances including: polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, breast disease, and menstrual irregularities.
The Skin is the largest, highly functioning endocrine organ
The skin itself has the capacity to independently produce, metabolize, distribute, convert and eliminate the following hormonal activities:
1. Growth hormones
2. Sex hormones (Estrogens, Progesterone and Androgens)
3. Insulin-like growth factors (TGF)
4. Glucocorticoids (regulate and metabolize glucose)
5. Retinols (Vitamin A)
6. Vitamin D
The skin plays an important role in homeostasis and disorders of the entire human organism
How Do You Know If You May Have A Hormonal Imbalance
|• Acne or oily skin• Bloating• Bone loss• Decreased fertility• Depression• Excess facial and body hair• Hot flashes• Heavy or painful periods||• Irregular periods• Irritability• Loss of muscle mass• Loss of scalp hair• Low libido• Memory lapses• Mood swings• Nervousness||• Night sweats• Poor concentration• Sleep disturbances• Tender or fibrocystic breasts• Urinary incontinence• Vaginal dryness• Weight gain|
When We Suspect A Hormonal Imbalance:
When we suspect a hormonal imbalance, we recommend salivary hormone tests which often reveal what may be happening. Without laboratory testing, it is difficult to know exactly which hormones are out of balance and by how much. If you are interested in preventing age-related changes that occur with hormonal imbalances, then laboratory testing and personal consultation is advised. Since every woman is different and requires a personalized strategy, we recommend a combination of these methods which will allow us to specifically address your particular issues. A personal consultation provides you with a strategic plan for repairing and enhancing your system; your blood chemistry and salivary hormone panel assist in forming a picture of your particular hormone landscape. Together, we can then determine what areas may be causing a failure in the endocrine system.
At Carolina Medical Thermography, we focus on detecting the immune dysfunction and creating the protocols to wind down the overzealous immune system rather than just supplement the deficient gland. By calming this overactive immune response, you decrease the damage to the organ and allow the natural hormone to function properly. It is a comprehensive approach that includes a combination of dietary, nutritional and exercise/lifestyle modifications. Correct imbalances NATURALLY.